Sunday, July 12, 2009

I Spy with my little eye...

An oldie but a goodie.

I Spy Bag

I made this I Spy bag awhile ago for the princess. She has little use for it now however the bitty beans have taken to playing with it. Since this one was custom made for her (the letters spell out her name) I figure it is time to make the boys their own. Church may just be a little bit quieter, no? Who am I kidding!?!

I think I may add pictures next to the words since they are pre-readers. There are a few tutorials out there already. Since I am not about re-inventing the wheel... here is a good one at My Crafty Side. I've also seen them made with plastic bottles and rice like this one at Her Cup Overfloweth.
These shaped bags over at Make It and Love It are super cute too. See, I told you there were quite a few tutes out there!

*edited to add a couple of tips:
1) if you use fleece you don't have to worry about fraying.
2) if you put a piece of tissue paper over the vinyl while you sew it won't stick and you can just rip it off when you are done sewing that piece.

It's also a great way to make useful all those little buttons and odds and ends that end up tossed in a junk drawer.


"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
-- Robert Brault

2 comments:

  1. I spy I great craft idea... Happy monday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and such a good boredom buster for the car or just anywhere! Thab-nks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments...hint, hint!